AptPay is looking for an excellent communicator, an organized and determined individual who is passionate about getting things done and can oversee the complete running of all operational activities. You are a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind, who knows how to bring people together and work with them towards a common goal. You also have a broad knowledge of the payment industry, with experience in the fintech space. You are a self-starter and ready to take on a challenge!
We are a third-party payment processor with an appetite for global expansion. We recognize the importance of having a highly motivated Director of Operations to help deliver a customer-focused payments experience. Our customers span a variety of different industries within the Canadian ecosystem from Government entities to SMBs.
We have offices in Toronto, ON, Canada and have a growing international team. Our team works tirelessly to meet the needs of clients by enabling faster payouts on a more secure ecosystem via a simple integration.
What’s In it for you?
We are located in downtown Toronto and our office is easily accessible by subway. We believe in working hard in a fun and collaborative team environment. We value our employees, as they are the backbone of what we do! No matter how busy it gets, we remember to celebrate the milestones – whether big or small.
We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
- A competitive health & dental benefits package
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations of the organization including reporting on the operational performance and suggesting improvements
- Ensure the production or delivery of goods or services is running smoothly and efficiently
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that all aspects of the business are functioning effectively
- Manage contracts and relations with vendors, partners and other stakeholders
- Set goals and objectives for the operations team in alignment with the leadership team
- Oversee the running of the Financial Operations team and provide input to help the organization optimize costs and benefits
- Make informed decisions around priorities and time
- Evaluate risk, resolve any issues that arise and implement quality assurance efforts
- Support the launch and delivery of new products using a project management based approach
- When necessary, assemble and lead a project team, develop a budget and schedule for the project and manage the project team’s performance
- Ensure the project delivers on its goals within the agreed-upon timeframe and budget
- Communicate with stakeholders about the project’s progress and any necessary changes
- Close out the project and conduct a post-project review to identify areas for improvement
- Perform any other tasks/duties requested by the Chief Operations Officer in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and/or the President
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to streamline communication in a manner appropriate to the audience to obtain buy-in
2. Strong leadership and able to motivate and engage the team to reach their potential, especially in times of ambiguity
3. Financial and Business acumen
4. Attention to detail
5. Excellent organizational skills to determine, prioritize and monitor business activities
6. Knowledge in data analysis and reporting
7. Strong Microsoft Office suite skills
8. Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion when dealing with confidential information
9. Self-starter that thrives on working independently
10. Navigate and be adaptable to constant fluctuation in priorities and projects
11. Intuitive and creative to create new solutions from the ground up
Required Education and Experience Qualifications
1. A university degree in a related field
2. Two to five years of experience in a similar leadership role providing oversight of operations, its team and accountability for the outcomes
3. Past experience in the financial and/or banking industry
Experience We Like
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment is an asset
- Previous experience working in a fintech company
This is an in-office position. The candidate must be able to work five days a week at the Toronto location and be present during regular business hours.